Good afternoon sparkless and welcome to Blogmas 6!
So we’re already a few days into December, the countdown has officially begun and festivities are in full swing! Before we know it, Christmas will be upon us and we’ll be leaving out milk and cookies for Santa and piling up presents under the tree!
Now I thought it’d be quite nice to show you a festive makeup look I’ve been wearing a lot of recently, using my new Too Faced ‘Beauty Daydreamer’ palette. It’s a super easy (yet reallyyy Christmassy) soft, pink look that’s subtle enough to wear every day! So if you’d like to see the palette and the look I’ve created with some of my favourite shades, do grab a cuppa and have a read ♥
Too Faced ‘Limited Edition Beauty Daydreamer’ Makeup Collection (click here to shop)!
Okay well first of all, just blinkin’ look at it. I don’t think I’ve seen Too Faced release something quite as adorable as this. Now don’t get me wrong, Too Faced always have the cutest packaging (I could literally obsess over all their products for hours) – but this is the icing on the cake and it won me over straight away!
So anyway, I purchased this little set a couple of months ago when the Christmas ranges were first released and I was straight away drawn to the adorable theme Too Faced have gone for this year; a pretty, pastel animal wonderland – and they’ve got it just right. Who can resist a soft blue, bunny covered palette? Not sure many of us can to be honest.
And not only that, but the palette comes inside a gorgeous matching cosmetic bag (with a silver heart and black bow detail to the zip- cuteness) – which can be used to store the palette itself, other makeup products that need a home or even for toiletries when travelling. So not only do you get a beautifully festive palette, you also get an adorable bag to go with it! And that’s not all people – it doesn’t end there…
Within the set, you’re also treated to a mini ‘Better Than Sex’ mascara and a full size plush lipgloss – ‘Bunny Kisses’ (just look at the lid of this- oh my word, I basically had a meltdown)!
So for £35, (just under £30 at the moment in Debenhams FYI- click here to see!) it’s such a good little bundle that you just can’t miss out on this Christmas. And if not for yourself, it’s bound to be a perfect gift for a makeup – mad friend or family member ♥
So one of my absolute favourite things about this palette, is that it opens up like a book, rather than lifting up from the bottom like most palettes. I know – very easily pleased I am – but I think it makes it all the more magical to open it up as if you’re about to begin a fairy tale story instead of just applying some eyeshadow. I think everyone can agree, it just fits perfectly with the theme Too Faced are going for, right?
Anyway, let’s get to the magic!
I’ve swatched and listed the names of all the shades in the palette below (and I will say, I’m a huge fan of the names- they’re so blinkin’ cleverly festive!) And I’ve then popped below that, all the colours I’ve used to create my own soft, Christmassy look – do let me know what you think!
Told you they were amazing 😉 What do you think? Do you have any favourites already? See below for the shades I’ve used to create my soft pink eye look that I’ll no doubt be repeating throughout the festive season! I’d love to know your thoughts 🙂
- ‘Chill Pill’ swept over the entire lid and under the waterline (built up softly and gradually to avoid looking like you’ve got a pair of black eyes)
- ‘You Wish’ blended lightly into the mid-outer lid crease and also ever so slightly under the waterline for depth
- ‘Sleigh Girl, Sleigh’ applied to inner and outer corners to build up that soft pink effect
- ‘Sealed With A Wish’ blended into the outer corners of the lid to create a slight winged effect
- And finally, ‘North Pole Dancer’ applied to the centre of the lids for a pop of pink
CHEEKS AND LIPS
- ‘Christmas Vacation’, applied to the cheeks to add depth and warmth, ‘Resting Wish Face’ swept up and over the entire cheek for colour, ‘Flurry Flush’ on the apples for a sheen of pink glam and ‘Snowshizzle’ on the tops of the cheekbones for some glitzy highlight
- ‘Bunny Kisses’ dabbed onto lips over MAC’s ‘Velvet Teddy’